This is a combination of two recipes that I have used. I have been obsessed with my pressure cooker lately and thought this would bring tenderness and juiciness to grilled BBQ chicken. It turned out awesome!
- Combine nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper; rub into meat.
- In separate container combine beer, water, and chicken bouillon; pour into pressure cooker.
- Place chicken into cooker and cook at 15 lbs pressure for 20 minutes.
- Use the natural release method.
- Put the chicken on the grill; cook for 10 minutes.
- Brush chicken with barbecue sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- A little time consuming but worth the effort!
OMG! This was wonderful! I did not use beer, just added 12 oz more water and some fresh rosemary and sage to the broth. Followed the times with my electric Nesco pressure cooker and the grill. We used all drumsticks and they did not get crispy, but were so tender and not greasy at all. 5 lbs of legs disappeared in minutes! And I can't wait to make soup from the fragrant broth.
The Best BBC I have ever made. My husband went crazy for it!!! Thank you for this wonderful amazing dish!!! The ingrediants didn't sound like they would go together but they were fabulous!! The extra work is worth it. I used honey bbq sauce and added a little cayenne pepper. DELICIOUS!!!!!
HOLY COW! That was worth every OUNCE of effort! Even my husband said, "This is the best chicken I've ever had." We used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for the grilling part at the end. This will be the only way we make BBQ chicken for a LONG time. Thank you.