Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a simple, sweet basil spaghetti sauce. It is a family size version of Skip Tyndale's spaghetti sauce served at Brookwood Baptist Church in Shreveport, Louisiana. It is good with or without meat.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Mix all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over desired pasta.
This was quick, easy and delicious! My family really enjoyed this sauce. Thanks for posting!