Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe. It is sweet and delicious, and goes well with most meats. It is a colourful addition to any meal. You have to try this one! It's one of my favourite recipes, which originated from a 'Gourmet'
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook the carrots in boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, and add the butter, stirring to melt.
- Add the maple syrup, basil and sea salt.
- Stir to coat the carrots thoroughly.
This was easy to make & a good side dish. I've made a similar dish with parsley flakes....which I will make next time. I felt there was enough sweetness without the basil.
A nice quick and easy side dish, that has a great sweet flavor. Thanks for the recipe!