Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy marinated beef stir-fry that affords tenderness no matter how cheap the cut of meat!
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 5 stalk fresh basil leaves
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 907.18 g beef sirloin, sliced thin and cut into small pieces
- 29.58 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh green onions, finely chopped
- Place basil leaves in plastic bag and mash to release flavors and oils. Add two tablespoons olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, and beef into bag; refrigerate overnight.
- Warm a non-stick skillet over medium heat; add remaining oil when hot. Toss garlic and green onion in oil for two or three minutes, being careful not to brown them. Add marinated beef; sauté for 3-4 minutes until cooked as desired, monitoring closely.
sounds relish-trying it now-similar to my own recipe but the overnight soak and smashing of basil sounds like it will be more fragrant.