- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 stalks fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs beef sirloin, sliced thin and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place basil leaves in plastic bag and mash to release flavors and oils. Add two tablespoons olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, and beef into bag; refrigerate overnight.
- Warm a non-stick skillet over medium heat; add remaining oil when hot. Toss garlic and green onion in oil for two or three minutes, being careful not to brown them. Add marinated beef; sauté for 3-4 minutes until cooked as desired, monitoring closely.