Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw Giada make this on Giada at Home on tv. Posting for safekeeping. Serving suggestions: Serve on toasted bread, alongside cheeses, or on lamb chops. Mix with yogurt and granola, or layer in desserts or parfaits. Try a little in a grilled cheese sandwich, yum!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen blackberries, thawed, juice reserved
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves (3 1/2 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 large orange)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- Place the blackberries and their juice in a medium saucepan and lightly mash with a fork. In a food processor, combine the basil, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Stir the mixture into the blackberries and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the mixture is thick, stirring occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the jam to cool for 1 hour (the jam will continue to thicken as it cools). Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.