It tastes like rice pudding, but with more protein and fiber! It's a great dessert too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked barley (1 cup dry-add 3 cups water, and simmer for 45 mins)
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk or 2 1/2 cups soymilk (*)
- 6 ounces espresso (*)
- 3 egg whites
- 12 packets Sweet 'n Low, plus
- 12 packets Equal sugar substitute (or 1 cup sugar)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (or your choice extract)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1*NOTE:if you want to save time from brewing espresso, just go to a coffee shop, and get a 20oz latte with skim/soy.
- 2Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Spray a large glass 9X11X13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- 4Dump everything in your mixer, and blend it until it's mixed.
- 5Add it to the prepared pan.
- 6Bake for 50 minutes, and let cool before eating.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Barley Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 148.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g