Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Delish! The addition of grape jelly sweetens this tasty sauce along with brown sugar. Be sure not to use already sweetened barbecue sauce though, (such as honey-flavored) as it may end up too sweet. The blend of ingredients here will do that to perfection.
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup regular barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup grape jelly
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast from cooker and discard juices.
- Shred beef with a fork and return to slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, and grape jelly.
- Pour mixture over shredded beef and stir gently until heated through.
- Toast Hoagie rolls under broiler and ladle beef mixture onto rolls.