8 hrs 15 mins
Christmas Carol's Note:
Delish! The addition of grape jelly sweetens this tasty sauce along with brown sugar. Be sure not to use already sweetened barbecue sauce though, (such as honey-flavored) as it may end up too sweet. The blend of ingredients here will do that to perfection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place roast in a slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3Remove roast from cooker and discard juices.
- 4Shred beef with a fork and return to slow cooker.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, and grape jelly.
- 6Pour mixture over shredded beef and stir gently until heated through.
- 7Toast Hoagie rolls under broiler and ladle beef mixture onto rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Barbecued Beef Hoagies
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.7
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 1310.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 49.0 g