Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This chicken is absolutely delicious, it can also be made on the grill or in the oven broiler, just remember to keep basting with sauce while cooking. For the sauce, you can saute 1 onion and 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic in a couple tablespoon butter for about 3-4 minutes before adding in the other ingredients if desired.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (or to taste, this is very HOT!)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 5 lbs chicken pieces (preferably with skin off)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the grill or oven broiler.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill or a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 15 minutes on each side (or until cooked).
- Brush chicken with sauce, and cook an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is done, turning and basting occasionally.