Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sweet raita or yogurt salad, really adds a cool touch to a spicy meal.
- 1 cup yogurt, plain nonfat
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds
- 1 large banana, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, cardamom, and coconut extract.
- Mix well. Stir in raisins and almonds.
- Add banana, mixing gently.
- Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Times listed below do not include chilling time.
I make raita often, but have never done a sweet version. I used a full fat Greek yogurt and only 1 tablespoon of sugar, which I thought was enough. I was surprised by how well this dish complimented tonight's spicy beef rendang. Everyone came back for seconds. There was a little left over and hubby is saving that for his breakfast. Thanks very much for posting.