Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Baby Let's Eat! These are frozen snacks/treats.
Make and share this Sweet Banana Dollars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup ground walnuts or 1 cup ground pecans or 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 lb unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together the yogurt and almond extract. Set aside.
- Place the ground nuts and shredded coconut in separate shallow bowls.
- One at a time dip the banana slices into the yogurt, then roll them in either nuts or coconut.
- Place slices in a pan, cover, and freeze for at least 10 minutes before serving. If not eating immediately, transfer to plastic bags and keep in the freezer.
My kids enjoyed these very much. I used a vanilla yogurt and drizzled a bit of melted chocolate on them to make the look prettier. I did toast the coconut first, just a personal preference. I wish I had a pic to post, but I didn't have my camera with me. I will make them again! Thank you for posting!
Great healthy snack! I used lime yogurt so I didn't use the almond extract. Worked like a charm. Simple and easy. We enjoyed them better totally frozen, it was like eating ice cream. I used ground almonds which DH liked best, but I liked the coconut better.
What a great idea & such an easy quick-fix treat to put together & store for ready use! I used vanilla flavored yogurt because I had it on hand & skipped the almond extract. I made your versions using pecans for the nuts + a 3rd version using chopped choc sprinkles. I do not have little ones around, but these are tasty, pretty & satisfied my DH & his sweet-tooth w/o a sinful indulgence. He had to have 1 of each as a serving. :-)