Recipe by justjo
very moist and tasty treat
Top Review by staceycook
I have used many different types of banana bread recipes and they are all pretty much the same. This one however, with the one addition of pudding is wonderful. It is so soft and has a great flavor. This is now my absolute favorite recipe.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) packagenon-instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla pudding mix. In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and shortening until light, scraping sides of the bowl often. Add the eggs one at a time, beating smooth after each addition. Mix in the milk.
- Add flour mixture and mashed bananas alternately to creamed mixture, beating until smooth after each addition. Fold in nuts if desired. Pour batter into a lightly greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a cold, (non-preheated) oven set to 350 degrees F. Bake for 50 minutes, then cover with foil to prevent burning and bake for additional 10 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the crown comes out clean. Leave in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool.