This is quite low fat and can be kept for later in the year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g strawberries
- 250 g raspberries
- 200 g blueberries
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 200 g caster sugar
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 1 sprig fresh mint, to decorate
- 1Place the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- 2Press through a fine nylon sieve into a large measuring jug to remove the pips and blueberry skins. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, then chill for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over a high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, without stirring, and boil for 5 minutes until a light syrup forms.
- 4Pour into a heatproof bowl and leave to cool, then stir in the pureed berry mixture and leave to chill until required.
- 5Add the whipped cream to the berry mixture in the bowl, and fold in gently.
- 6Pour into an ice-cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Then transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. If you do not have an ice-cream machine, pour the mixture straight into a larger freezer proof container and freeze for 1 hour or until set round the edges.
- 7Beat until the mixture is smooth, then return to the freezer. Freeze for 30 minutes, then beat again. Repeat the freezing and beating several times more until the ice cream has a smooth consistency, then leave it to freeze for at least 2 hours.
- 8To make the strawberry compote, slice the berries into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with sugar to taste, then add a splash of balsamic vinegar and a little freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then chill until ready to serve.
- 9Transfer the ice-cream to the fridge 20 minutes before serving to allow it to soften. Scoop into individual bowls and top with the strawberry compote.
- 10Decorate with sprigs of mint and serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Balsamic Berry Ice-Cream
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 12.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: