Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are popular fare on our christmas table but are great at any time of year! Feel free to add or change flavourings as desired - these delicious little morsels are so customisable! i use Arnott's Nice biscuits with sultanas. Try mixing crushed chocolate biscuits around a whole hazelnut for a delicious change.
- 250 g crushed cookies, any kind
- 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- 1 (400 g) can condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut, extra for rolling
flavoring of choice
- sultanas (to taste) or chopped dried apricots (to taste) or nuts (to taste) or liqueur (to taste) or spice essence (to taste) or citrus peel (to taste)
- Mix the crushed cookies with the coconut, cocoa and any dry flavourings.
- Add the consensed milk and any liquid flavourings, stirring until balls can be formed in the mixture without crumbling. You may not need all the milk.
- Using wet hands, mould teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls.
- Roll these balls into the extra coconut and place into airtight container in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until they begin to harden.