Recipe by gingercatgirl
These are popular fare on our christmas table but are great at any time of year! Feel free to add or change flavourings as desired - these delicious little morsels are so customisable! i use Arnott's Nice biscuits with sultanas. Try mixing crushed chocolate biscuits around a whole hazelnut for a delicious change.
- 250 g crushed cookies, any kind
- 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- 1 (400 g) can condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut, extra for rolling
flavoring of choice
- sultanas (to taste) or chopped dried apricots (to taste) or nuts (to taste) or liqueur (to taste) or spice essence (to taste) or citrus peel (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the crushed cookies with the coconut, cocoa and any dry flavourings.
- Add the consensed milk and any liquid flavourings, stirring until balls can be formed in the mixture without crumbling. You may not need all the milk.
- Using wet hands, mould teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls.
- Roll these balls into the extra coconut and place into airtight container in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until they begin to harden.