2 hrs 5 mins
These are popular fare on our christmas table but are great at any time of year! Feel free to add or change flavourings as desired - these delicious little morsels are so customisable! i use Arnott's Nice biscuits with sultanas. Try mixing crushed chocolate biscuits around a whole hazelnut for a delicious change.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g crushed cookies, any kind
- 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- 1 (400 g) can condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut, extra for rolling
flavoring of choice
- sultanas (to taste) or chopped dried apricots (to taste) or nuts (to taste) or liqueur (to taste) or spice essence (to taste) or citrus peel (to taste)
- 1Mix the crushed cookies with the coconut, cocoa and any dry flavourings.
- 2Add the consensed milk and any liquid flavourings, stirring until balls can be formed in the mixture without crumbling. You may not need all the milk.
- 3Using wet hands, mould teaspoonfuls of the mixture into small balls.
- 4Roll these balls into the extra coconut and place into airtight container in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until they begin to harden.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Balls
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: