From "Little Meals" by Rozanne Gold. I like weird sounding combinations and this is one of them. It is like a baked apple but takes only 30 minutes to bake. Sometimes we forget that a tomato is a fruit! Chilling time is not included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Slice tops off tomatoes and remove insides, leaving shells intact.
- 3Turn shells upside down and drain on paper towels.
- 4Mix together rest of ingredients except apple juice.
- 5Stuff tomatoes with this mixture.
- 6Put tomatoes in a deep baking dish and pour the apple juice in bottom.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove tomatoes with slotted spoon and chill.
- 9Reduce apple juice on top of stove until it becomes syrupy, then chill.
- 10Spoon sauce over tomatoes when serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Baked Tomato (dessert)
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g