Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This very easy crock pot recipe is a yummy variation on Chili using baked beans and sweet peppers. This is my own creation, which has been fully tested and approved by my entire family, including my three year old.This will make a mild chili, but you can always add more "punch" at your own discretion.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, minced (or chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (12 ounce) jarmt. olive sweet 'n hot peppers banana peppers (minced or chopped)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 ounces water
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (may add more for spiciness)
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) cans baked beans (one can drained, one can UNdrained)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (may add more for spiceiness)
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Note: If you like more meat, and less beans, replace the Drained can of beans with a second pound of meat.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and peppers to oil, and sautee until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add ground beef to the sauteed onions, garlic and peppers, brown the meat, and drain.
- Add meat and veggie mixture to crock pot.
- Add the drained and undrained beans to the crock put, and mix with the meat.
- Add the tomato paste, water, beef gravy, katsup, hot sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to the crock pot.
- Stir all ingredients together until well blended.
- Cook in crok put on Low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice, with hot dogs, or just have a bowl o' chili!