Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted this from a recipe a friend gave me. These green beans are truly to die for! Not for the calorie conscious, but OH SO GOOD!
- Cook bacon in large skillet.
- Remove bacon, drain and crumble; set aside.
- Add vinegar and sugar to bacon drippings; heat thoroughly, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour washed and drained green beans into large casserole dish.
- Top with onion, crumbled bacon, and almonds.
- Pour sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.