Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted this from a recipe a friend gave me. These green beans are truly to die for! Not for the calorie conscious, but OH SO GOOD!
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian cut green beans, washed and drained (I use Allen's)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve drippings)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Cook bacon in large skillet.
- Remove bacon, drain and crumble; set aside.
- Add vinegar and sugar to bacon drippings; heat thoroughly, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour washed and drained green beans into large casserole dish.
- Top with onion, crumbled bacon, and almonds.
- Pour sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.