Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs chicken, boneless, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Add bourbon, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and brown sugar to chicken. Let marinate about 30 minutes – 2 hours. Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok. Drizzle wok or skillet with oil and add chicken. Stir fry until browned.
- Add marinade. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 1/4 cup water and add to chicken. Bring back to a boil and continue to simmer until thickened.
- Serve chicken over rice and garnish with chopped green onions if desired.