Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is an adaption from the Fix and Forget It crock pot cookbook. Blend leftover coconut milk with pineapple juice and ice for a tasty pina colada.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- Combine coconut milk and water. Pour into greased slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for rice, in order listed.
- Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before dinner time, cook the white rice. You can use 1/4 cup of coconut milk in cooking the rice, if you would like.
- Put cooked rice in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Remove chicken and debone, if desired.
- Place chicken on top of rice. Pour sauce from the crock pot on top.
This is delicious. My three teenage boys and husband love it and ask for it again and again.
Excellent and easy to make. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and it turned out great.
This was an unusual dish for us; obviously it is quite sweet. I was not impressed with the "sauce"; it is simply a thin sweet liquid lacking real flavor. I did like the idea of cooking the rice with coconut milk. But I don't think I will make this again.