This recipe is an adaption from the Fix and Forget It crock pot cookbook. Blend leftover coconut milk with pineapple juice and ice for a tasty pina colada.
- Combine coconut milk and water. Pour into greased slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for rice, in order listed.
- Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before dinner time, cook the white rice. You can use 1/4 cup of coconut milk in cooking the rice, if you would like.
- Put cooked rice in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Remove chicken and debone, if desired.
- Place chicken on top of rice. Pour sauce from the crock pot on top.
Excellent and easy to make. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and it turned out great.
This was an unusual dish for us; obviously it is quite sweet. I was not impressed with the "sauce"; it is simply a thin sweet liquid lacking real flavor. I did like the idea of cooking the rice with coconut milk. But I don't think I will make this again.
I'll be making this again! The flavor was so good- and I liked the comment of adding the leftover coconut milk to make the rice. Thanks for an easy recipe!