Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
THis recipe also works great on the grill. Got this from Betty Crockers Healthy Heart Cookbook.
- 1⁄3 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices turkey bacon (cut into 6 strips)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 lb large shrimp (uncooked, peeled,& deveined)
- 2 cups couscous rice (Cooked) or 2 cups pasta (Cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 4 10" bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Set oven control to broil. Mix BBQ sauce, preserves, and red pepper, set aside.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each water chestnut. Thread shrimp, water chestnuts alternately on skewer, leaving space between each piece. Place on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil kabobs with tops about 4 inches from heat 6 minutes, brushing frequently with sauce mixture. TUrn kabobs; brush with sauce mixture. Broil 5-6 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink and firm. Discard any remaining sauce mixture. Serve kabobs with couscous.