Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 1⁄2 cups peeled cored sliced apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 9-inch double-crust pie shells
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees C).
- Spray deep dish pie plate with cooking spray. Line with one pie crust.
- Combine white sugar, light brown sugar, flour, lemon, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Add apples and raisins to sugar mixture; stir until fruit is well coated.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie crust.
- Place second piecrust on top of filling, and trim edges.
- Lightly glaze top of pie with a beaten egg, then sprinkle with a little granulated sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and cool 30 minutes.
this was great and my family loved it! i added some apple slices on top for decoration.