- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells (unbaked)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a bowl, blend the sugar, sour cream, flour, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in the apples; pour filling into the pie shell.
- Bake pie for 45 minutes (cover crust edges with foil if begin to get too brown).
- Meanwhile, mix the topping ingredients together; set aside.
- Remove pie from oven; sprinkle topping evenly over baked pie and bake for 5 more minutes.