Recipe by karen
I grew up eating these apple fritters. They are shaped like a pancake and sprinkled in cinnamon-sugar. We always had this with dinner as a side dish. They are also easy to make for a crowd since you can fry them up in advance and then pop them into the oven just before dinner.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 apples
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt and sugar.
- Add flour and baking powder to egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice 1/4 to 1/2" thick so that they are shaped liked doughnuts with the core hole in the center of each slice.
- Squeeze lemon juice over apples.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Dip apples in batter and let excess drip off, then brown on each side in skillet.
- Lay on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until soft.