1/2 Photos of Sweet Apple Fritters
I grew up eating these apple fritters. They are shaped like a pancake and sprinkled in cinnamon-sugar. We always had this with dinner as a side dish. They are also easy to make for a crowd since you can fry them up in advance and then pop them into the oven just before dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt and sugar.
- 2Add flour and baking powder to egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- 3Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 4Peel and core apples.
- 5Slice 1/4 to 1/2" thick so that they are shaped liked doughnuts with the core hole in the center of each slice.
- 6Squeeze lemon juice over apples.
- 7Heat oil in large skillet.
- 8Dip apples in batter and let excess drip off, then brown on each side in skillet.
- 9Lay on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- 10Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes or until soft.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Apple Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 388.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g