Napoleon Dynamite's Note:
Inspired by a recipe on paleoplan.com. A simple, weeknight dish that makes enough for leftovers the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olives or 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (with their own juice)
- 1 cup chicken or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon lemons or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped (or thighs)
garnish with your choice of
- toasted coconut, mandarin oranges, raisins, crumbled cooked bacon, mango chutney, chopped onion
- 1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add apple, tomatoes and their juice, broth, lemon juice, and curry powder.
- 4Simmer uncovered 35 minutes.
- 5Add chicken and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- 6Serve with assorted garnishes on the side.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Apple & Chicken Curry (Paleo)
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 435.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: