Recipe by Sarah in New York
This is such a simple, but really yummy way to make acorn squash. Sometimes, I just like to eat if for a meal. Oh, it's so good.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the squash in half. It can be kinda hard, so if you can can't do it, place it in the microwave for about 1 minute and it should soften up enough to cut it.
- Clean out the seeds/yucky stuff and throw it away.
- Divide the ingredients between the two halves and place them inside the dips(You don't even need to melt the butter).
- Place in a shallow baking dish with about 1 inch of water and cook for 30 minutes,(basting the edges every 10 minutes) until the squash is soft and moist.
- Eat the squash with a spoon using the shell of the squash as your dish!
- It's smart to serve each half in a bowl, since they can leak a bit while eating them.