Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love the combination of the two kinds of potatoes and the sour cream with cilantro makes it so fresh tasting. A great summer recipe. And it is so easy and quick to make. A friend of mine made it a while ago. I think she found the recipe in a cookbook, but I have no idea which one. This is now one of my favorite side dishes and my kids love it too.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml salt
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 29.58 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 14.79 ml cilantro, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease baking dish (11x7x1 1/2 inches).
- Peel potatoes. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Spread potatoes in baking dish.
- Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with salt. Stir to coat.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes or until tender.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Spoon sour cream mixture over potatoes. Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
- Tips: The original recipe called for margarine but I prefer butter. I usually leave out the chives but it still tastes delicious. Instead of a fresh chili you can use a 4oz can of green chilies (drained). Sometimes I double the sour cream mixture because we love it so much.
Great recipe, DH loved it. I'm not a huge fan of the sour cream and chives flavor, so I thought it was good, but not much different from that. If you love sour cream and chives you will love this!
Ideal for a gathering of friends, this was very much appreciated by mine!!! Very easily prepared, I used the chives, having plenty in my garden, but, I must confess, omitted the chilli, I wanted the youngsters to eat it! A different potato bake, I loved the combination of the two potatoes, definitely on my keepers list!
REALLY AN OUTSTANDING POTATO CASSEROLE, & for me, the inclusion of the sweet potatoes makes all the difference in the world, as did the cilantro cream sauce ~ In fact, I took your suggestion & doubled the sauce! One thing I didn't do, however, was to peel the potatoes ~ I like the taste & texture of the peeling so left the taters that way! Thanks for a wonderful keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for this month's VIP chef in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 13]