1/2 Photos of Sweet and White Potatoes With Cilantro Cream
1 hr 5 mins
I love the combination of the two kinds of potatoes and the sour cream with cilantro makes it so fresh tasting. A great summer recipe. And it is so easy and quick to make. A friend of mine made it a while ago. I think she found the recipe in a cookbook, but I have no idea which one. This is now one of my favorite side dishes and my kids love it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F; grease baking dish (11x7x1 1/2 inches).
- 2Peel potatoes. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Spread potatoes in baking dish.
- 3Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with salt. Stir to coat.
- 4Cover and bake 45 minutes or until tender.
- 5Mix remaining ingredients. Spoon sour cream mixture over potatoes. Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
- 6Tips: The original recipe called for margarine but I prefer butter. I usually leave out the chives but it still tastes delicious. Instead of a fresh chili you can use a 4oz can of green chilies (drained). Sometimes I double the sour cream mixture because we love it so much.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and White Potatoes With Cilantro Cream
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 505.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g