I love the combination of the two kinds of potatoes and the sour cream with cilantro makes it so fresh tasting. A great summer recipe. And it is so easy and quick to make. A friend of mine made it a while ago. I think she found the recipe in a cookbook, but I have no idea which one. This is now one of my favorite side dishes and my kids love it too.
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease baking dish (11x7x1 1/2 inches).
- Peel potatoes. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Spread potatoes in baking dish.
- Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with salt. Stir to coat.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes or until tender.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Spoon sour cream mixture over potatoes. Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
- Tips: The original recipe called for margarine but I prefer butter. I usually leave out the chives but it still tastes delicious. Instead of a fresh chili you can use a 4oz can of green chilies (drained). Sometimes I double the sour cream mixture because we love it so much.