Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is so delicious and a nice change from "ordinary" potato gratins. Although the gruyere really stinks while it's cooking, don't let that deter you! LOL
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 3 -4 large white potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 -4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- Heat oven to 375*.
- In a skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Toss each type of potato seperately with 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In a 2 qt.
- baking dish layer 1/2 of the potatoes, alternating white and sweet in rows.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Spoon 1/2 of onion mixture over top.
- Cover with remaining potatoes, and pour broth over top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and add remaining onions.
- Bake until tender, 45-55 minutes.
Great combination of flavours using ordinary and sweet potatoes, and just a little different from the creamy potato gratins. And the Gruyere topping was a tasty addition. Thanks for posting.