Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are good with lamb and pork in particular. It's an unusual method of preparing potatoes but it works well and they taste great.
- 18 new potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In saucepan, saute onions in butter until transparent.
- Stir in sugar, salt and flour.
- Gradually add milk.
- Simmer until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add sour cream and vinegar; cook until sauce bubbles.
- Combine sauce and potatoes.
One of my favorite ways to eat new potatoes! Honey works well in place of sugar. Thank you for posting a delicious recipe!