Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 small shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand to blend flavors, about 15 minutes. Stir again before serving.
This recipe, originally from COOK'S ILLUSTRATED magazine (Sept 2008), is excellent.
This was a kicked up version of my regular tarter sauce. I thought the capers were well used. The piquant flavor paired well with baked fish & slaw. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
This is a delicious tartar sauce. I recommend making it a day in advance to allow the flavors to blend. Thanks for posting!