This recipe is great for people who cook the semi-homemade way. I got this from my microwave cookbook and that's the only way I know how to cook it. You can even change up the preserves for a different flavor.
- In a 12x8x2 inch dish, arrange chicken pieces with the thickest, meaty pieces to the outside edges of the dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, soup mix, dressing and preserves.
- Spread this mixture over the chicken, coating each piece well.
- Cover with wax paper.
- Microwave on High for 18-22 minutes. (If your microwave doesn't have a turntable, turn chicken 1/4 turn halfway through cooking time.).
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before you serve it so the chicken absorbs the flavor of the sauce.
- Serve over rice.
Oh my was this good. Extreemly easy and quick. I used thighs with bones, but less the skin. Otherwise made as is. I cooked mine 14 mins because of the smaller pieces. Tested done at that time. Served with mashed potatoes and greenbeans. DH said this is really good chicken for microwaved.
I brought this recipe home just because I thought I had dry onion soup. I went to the market, bought chicken breast, couldn't find Russian salad dressing, found sugar-free apricot jam. I found out I didn't have dry onion soup at home. I ended using other ingredients to substitute what I didnâ€™t have and I served with brown rice. Let me tell you, does not matter what I used, it came out awesome. It is definitely sweet and tangy. The apricot jam does a great job. No dishwasher necessary, no even a drop of sauce left. I would never thought of combining those ingredients together. Thank you!!!