Recipe by CooksInHeels
A great alternative from boring brussel sprouts that is sure to please. If you cant find fresh veggies, you may use a frozen bag, but slightly thaw them out before cutting.
Top Review by *Parsley*
These were great! The sauce reduced nicely into a tangy sort of glaze. I used the butter, but skipped the olive oil. Thanx for a new brussels sprouts recipe. They are my favorite veggie!
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 1⁄2 sliced small onion (large slices)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each brussel sprout in half and steam for approximately 20 minutes.
- about 10 minutes before brussel sprouts are done, in a medium sautee pan add oil, butter (or margarine), and stock. Sautee large slices of onion over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and balsamic vingar to sautee pan. Lower heat to med-low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add steamed brussel sprouts to pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, cook for 5 minutes until most moisture is absorbed.
- Serve immediatly.