6 hrs 20 mins
I have never cooked a main dish with gingersnap cookies...hmm...interesting. This looks amazing, so I'm looking forward to trying this out. It is a slow cooker recipe, taking between 6 and 10 hours, depending on heat setting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 gingersnap cookies, finely crushed into crumbs (each about 2 inches in size)
- 2 cups peeled baby carrots (about half of a 16 ounce bag)
- 2 stalks celery, cut crosswise into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1In 4 1/2-6 quart slow cooker bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs, carrots, celery, onion, wine, vinegar, raisins, salt, and pepper.
- 2Place roast on top of vegetables.
- 3Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours, or on high 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
- 4Place roast on warm platter. Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid.
- 5Serve roast with vegetables and sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Tangy Braised Chuck Roast
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.5
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 854.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 43.4 g