Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I have never cooked a main dish with gingersnap cookies...hmm...interesting. This looks amazing, so I'm looking forward to trying this out. It is a slow cooker recipe, taking between 6 and 10 hours, depending on heat setting.
- 6 gingersnap cookies, finely crushed into crumbs (each about 2 inches in size)
- 2 cups peeled baby carrots (about half of a 16 ounce bag)
- 2 stalks celery, cut crosswise into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- In 4 1/2-6 quart slow cooker bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs, carrots, celery, onion, wine, vinegar, raisins, salt, and pepper.
- Place roast on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours, or on high 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
- Place roast on warm platter. Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid.
- Serve roast with vegetables and sauce.