Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are indulgent tasting crepes with a sweet berry filling and a tangy blueberry topping. There is a tiny bit of a naughty twist with the cherry brandy in the filling which we found to lift the flavor just that extra bit. Made for RSC #12.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry jam
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cherry brandy
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 crepes, already prepared
- Put the mascarpone, strawberry jam and cherry brandy into a mixing bowl and beat until combined and the mixture starts to become a bit fluffy. Set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan and add the blueberries, splenda and lemon juice. Cook over a low heat for about 3 or 4 minutes, stirring constantly. When the blueberries start to pop and release their juices they should be ready. Set aside.
- Heat the prepared crepes in the microwave. It should take about 40 seconds per crepe.
- Put each crepe on a plate.
- Generously spread a layer of the mascarpone mixture over the base of each crepe.
- Roll each crepe up into an open ended cigar type shape.
- Drizzle the blueberries and their juice over each rolled up crepe.
I made this with my recipe #346219. Yummy! We happened to get fresh berries in at our local store. Thank you Sarah_Jayne! Made for 1-2-3 Hits
I made my homemade brandy-butter crepes for this so I reduced the amount of brandy in the filling, replacing half of it with vanilla extract. I was also out of plain blueberries but had a bag of frozen blueberry, raspberry & blackberry mix that I used instead. The recipe is categorized as a dessert but we thought the crepes made a delicious weekend breakfast served with scrambled eggs & sausage. We did feel that the amount of filling & sauce was really not enough to serve four people when serving as a meal instead of dessert. I would double the recipe next time if served for breakfast. Thanks for a great gem, Sarah_Jayne! Made for Hidden Gems - Winter 2008.