Recipe by Sarah in New York
This is a salad I just made up with all the flavors I love! It's super easy and tastes sooooo good. You can adjust the measurements to your own taste. The way it's listed, it makes a pretty sweet dressing, so feel free to cut back on the sugar if you like. Enjoy!
Top Review by Julie F
Very good, simple salad that is easy to make with what you have on hand. I did not have honey roasted peanuts, so I used some cocktail peanuts and heated some sugar in a saucepan. I added a bit of water and the peanuts and cooked them for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. They turned out a little sticky as I got too much water I think, but once they were in the salad, they added a nice, sweet crunch. I used feta but am looking forward to trying some other cheeses. Thanks for sharing!
- 5 cups chopped lettuce (your choice)
- 2 ounces cubed monterey jack cheese (you can use any white non-cheddar cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 ounces raisins (small box)