Recipe by Evie*
Tasty little cocktail sausages, great at parties.
Top Review by woodland hues
This made a great appie which was enjoyed by everyone. I doubled the recipe, and used mild Italian sausage. I baked these in the oven from frozen, then removed the skins, cut them up into bitesize pieces, and baked them in the yummy sauce for a 1/2 hour. Used maple syrup. Thanks!
- 1 kg cocktail franks (or small chipolata sausages)
- 3 tablespoons runny honey (I prefer maple syrup) or 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I prefer maple syrup)
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place sausages in large bowl.
- Add the honey (or maple syrup), hoisin sauce and sesame seeds and move around to evenly coat the sausages.
- Place sausages in a roasting tin and roast for about 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm with toothpicks as they are quite sticky to handle.