Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This fruit and vegetable casserole is a delicious side-dish.
Make and share this Sweet and Spicy Vegetarian Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups cornbread cubes
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil or 4 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion (peeled, diced)
- 1 red potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled, diced)
- 1 apple (peeled, diced)
- 1 leek (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (seeded, diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (berbere)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- salt and black pepper
- With four tablespoons of water, sauté the onion, leek, apples and bell peppers until soft; add the olive oil, vegetable stock, chili powder (berbere) and garlic. Cook it for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, place bread cubes; mix with the cooked vegetable.
- In a lower heat warm the apple juice and orange juice.
- Pour the juice gradually to the stuffing and mix it well.
- Season stuffing with salt and pepper; if it is dry, add vegetable stock.
- Heat the oven to 350 degree.
- Place the stuffing in a baking dish; cover it with foil. Bake the stuffing for 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for five minutes. Serve it warm.