Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Who says all curries were bad? This is super healthy and spicy. Tone down the heat by using korma paste instead of Vindaloo.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons vindaloo curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 300 g cauliflower florets
- 400 ml passata
- 400 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250 g fresh spinach leaves, washed
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice, cook for 1 min, Tip in the courgettes and cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now stir in the passata, plus 100ml/3½fl oz water and the chickpeas; season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Make up to this stage and freeze or keep chilled for 2 days in the fridge.
- Warm through, once defrosted if frozen, and continue with the recipe.
- Just before serving, throw in the spinach.
- Give it a stir and remove from the heat once the leaves have just wilted.
- Serve with boiled basmati rice.