Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Love to make this. Very yummy.
Make and share this Sweet and Spicy Turkey Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices country bread, hearty kind
- 4 slices oven-roasted turkey breast
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each of the bread slices with one teaspoon butter. Place one slice, butter side down, in the skillet. Top with the turkey and cheese slices. Place the second slice of bread on top, butter side up.
- When the first side of the sandwich is golden brown, turn and brown the other side, 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Remove sandwich to a plate and top with strawberry preserves, or serve the preserves on the side. I always lift the top slice of bread & spread preserves on sandwich-just personal preference.
Delicious! I discovered I was out of strawberry preserves, and used mango chutney instead, which increased the heat in a most delicious way!! Thanks for sharing a sandwich I'll enjoy often!! Made for your win in Football Tag!
This is one of my boyfriend's favorite recipes! Easy to make. I've used sourdough bread and havarti cheese. Delicious.
Family and I enjoyed this along with a bowl of soup on a cool rainy night. I used a good smoked turkey and loved the sweet-savory flavor element. Thanks for a really cool grilled sandwich. Congrats on you Football Pool win.