Recipe by DriveThruDodger
This is a variation of the fabulous Sweet Salsa Dump Chicken - OAMC. My boys like their food a bit on the tame side. Makes 4 bags. Tip: I remove the skin from all the chicken at once. I wear disposable plastic gloves and grab the skin with a paper towel. It is much easier to pull off and the gloves keep your hands from freezing.
Top Review by Bubbaluv
Hubby and I did not enjoy this at all. I marinated the chicken all day in the sauce and the chicken was tasteless. I also browned the chicken first so it would look more appetizing. Will not make this again.
- 6 lbs skinless chicken legs, excess fat removed (I use 4 legs per bag)
- 24 ounces apricot jam (I use 2 jars)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) packets taco seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Reduce recipe to 4 servings. Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat.
- Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place 1/4 ingredients into each 1 Gallon freezer bag.
- Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take a bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the baggie is completely closed.
- Place the Bag on a refrigerator shelf to thaw.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).