Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I keep these around for my husband to snack on. He loves pecans. Recipe is from Southern Living.
Top Review by carolinajewel
Easy, quick, sweet, spicy and delicious - what's not to like? I did kick up the heat because I like spicy snacks. I used 3/4 teaspoon cayenne. And I lined my jelly roll pan with parchment which not only made clean up easy, but made it easy to roll the pecans around to coat them.
- 1⁄2 lb chopped pecans or 1⁄2 lb pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the pecans and melted butter in a foil-lined jellyroll pan.
- Put in a 350 degree oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the sugar and pepper; sprinkle half the sugar mixture over the pecans and bake for 5 more minutes, stirring once.
- Take pan out of oven and sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over pecans; toss to coat.