Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a must at your holiday dinner table, It has just the right balance of sweet and spicy --- cooking time will vary depending on the size you cut the sweet potatoes you will love these!
Top Review by Teriffic
Really Awesome. I found it was not necessary to put the potatoes in a plastic zip bag. Mixing them in a bowl did a good job too. I spit the brown sugar mixture with splenda.I also added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the mixture and it was fabu!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled, and cut into 1 inch cubes or larger)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (or use oil)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to suit heat level)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a resealable plastic bag toss the cubed sweet potatoes with melted butter or oil; add the rest of ingredients; toss well to coat.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish (large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer).
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for about 22-25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender but not too soft (tossing with a wooden spoon or spatula about every 15-20 minutes, baking time will vary depending on the size you cut the potatoes).
- *NOTE* careful not to over bake as the potatoes will become mushy.