Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Impress your barbecue guests with a dessert that tastes like it is from a four star restaurant! Not for the faint of heart, so be sure to try it first. A good excuse to have dessert twice!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Rinse and hull strawberries. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, balsamic, butter, cinnamon, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until syrupy.
- Add berries and stir well.
- Remove from heat and add coconut. Stir again and immediately serve over pound cake or vanilla ice cream.