Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is more of a semi homemade recipe as I start with premade spaghetti sauce and embellish it. It's sweet and spicy and full of flavor but my whole family loves it and we make it just about once a week. Hope you enjoy!! :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jarbasil spaghetti sauce (I use Classico Traditional Basil)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 10 ounces spicy vegetable juice (V8)
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄3 cup grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Add turkey, onion, and garlic to pan and cook until turkey is done and onions are translucent.
- Strain and return to pan.
- Stir in all remaining ingrediants cooking on medium heat, stirring occasionally to incorporate jelly as it melts, 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy :).