2 hrs 10 mins
Love the little afterburn in the back of my throat from the cayenne. If hot and spicy is not for you, it is still excellent with less cayenne. You could also cut the sugar in half with good results. From Down Home with The Neelys.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the cabbage into quarters and remove the cores. Peel the carrots and onion, and slice them into pieces that will fit through the feed tube of a food processor. Fit the food processor with the large-holed grater attachment and push the cabbage, carrots, andonion through the feed tube to grate.
- 2In a large bowl, toss the grated cabbage, carrots, and onions to combine.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne (whisk until the sugar is dissolved). Toss the dressing with the coleslaw, and season with salt and additional pepper to taste.
- 4Cover the slaw with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 331.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 45.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: