This dish has the starch built in, and because the recipe includes lots of fresh veggies, it qualifies as a one-dish meal. From Adam Hickman, Cooking Light AUGUST 2012
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 4 ounces uncooked flat rice noodles (pad thai noodles)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 green Thai chile, halved
- 12 sweet mini bell peppers, halved
- 3/4 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 2Add shrimp to vinegar mixture; toss to coat.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 5Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- 6Add cashews, garlic, ginger, and chile to pan; stir-fry 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown.
- 7Remove cashew mixture from pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- 8Increase heat to high.
- 9Add sweet peppers, carrot, and salt to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 10Add shrimp mixture (do not drain); stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 11Stir in noodles and peas; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat.
- 12Return cashew mixture to pan.
- 13Add bean sprouts; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, tossing frequently.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Shrimp With Rice Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 846.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: