Recipe by Kim Petro
This is from the new Alli diet plan book. I haven't tried it yet but it looks so good.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon Chinese mustard (can be substituted with dijon mustard)
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the shrimp in a bowl. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper --
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium high heat for 1 minute -- Add the shallots and ginger, cook for 3 minutes -- Add the garlic; cook for 1 minute -- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes or until softended --
- In a cup mix the water and mustard, (if you use a milder mustard skip the water). Add to skillet. Stir in the vinegar and honey. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Add the shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.