Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
We are meatball fanatics. This is a good one that I usually make for the Super Bowl Party.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts, drained
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 lb bulk hot pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2⁄3 cup cider or 2⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- Add water chestnuts to the container of a food processor.
- Process until finely minced; may have to do this in two batches.
- Pour water chestnuts into a large bowl.
- Add sausages and using hands, combine until well mixed.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls in an ungreased 15x10 baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until sausage is not pink.
- In a saucepan, mix together cornstarch, maple syrup, vinegar, and soy sauce; mix until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain meatballs on papertowel line plates.
- Add meatballs to sauce and heat through.