This is a Syrian recipe that I love to make for parties. The pomegranate molasses is a product that is available in Arab shops. If it is not available try pomegranate juice. Adding lemon juice and sugar might work, but the color will be different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast the red peppers over an open fire or in the oven until the peels are charred. Place them in a paper bag for ten minutes when they are done and the skins will come off very easily.
- 2Peel you peppers and rinse off any bits of charred skin.
- 3Using a sharp knife remove the seeds of the peppers and finely mince them.
- 4In a large bowl combine peppers and walnuts. Mash together with a potato masher until it is somewhat uniform and pasty.
- 5Add all other ingredients and mix well until a uniform spread is formed. Add more oil if necessary.
- 6Let sit for at least an hour. Serve with pita bread, toast, or crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Red Pepper Spread
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 434.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: