This recipe came from "The Vegan Table" by Colleen Parick-Goudreau pg. 45. For a little variety, top with a drizzle of Cashew Sour Cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (18 ounce) can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups nondairy milk (soy, rice, almond, hazelnut, hemp, or oat)
- salt, to taste
- parsley, for garnish
- 1Heat water in a soup pot, then add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add turmeric, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, and cayenne, and stir to combine.
- 3Add vegetable stock, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- 4Simmer on low-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in milk.
- 6Remove from heat, and puree soup in a blender or food processor or with a handheld immersion blender until smooth.
- 7Return soup to pan and heat over medium heat until hot-not boiling- about 5 minutes.
- 8Add salt to taste and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: